Saturday, January 21, 2012

Killing Time in Boston

Good Saturday night everyone!

It's a Saturday night in Boston, Massachussetts, and what else could I be doing but sitting in my hotel room and posting a quick blog piece.  It's not a problem really, it's too damn cold to be going outside tonight anyway!  I hear spring will be back tomorrow afternoon sometime, so I'm not too worried about it.

Anyway, what brings me to Boston is a show that I'm looking forward to seeing tomorrow night at the Royale Nightclub (on Tremont Street, if anyone reading this happens to be in the area).  Texas music legend Robert Earl Keen is making his way to Beantown, along with a group that I wrote about following my trip to Nashville, The Deep Dark Woods.  Both are touring in support of their respective new albums that have recently been released.  Robert Earl's latest is "Ready for Confetti", while The Deep Dark Woods have released "The Place I Left Behind" to much critical acclaim. 

It's a curious mix for these artists to perform on the same show, as their styles appear to be quite different.  Having said that, I think that's going to be a good thing.  Touring with Robert Earl Keen is a great opportunity for The Deep Dark Woods, as they are being introduced to an already large fan base that exists for Keen.  I can promise you, the fans of Robert Earl Keen will leave that show fans of The Deep Dark Woods.  These boys are good and if you're in Boston and looking for something to do on a Sunday night after the Patriots have a go at the Baltimore Ravens, slide on over to the Royale Nightclub for some outstanding Texas and Americana music. 

Of course, if you can't make it to the show, you can catch the write-up here on Monday. 

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment