Monday, September 27, 2010

With Apologies ...

... for the inconvenience. I had a completed column on Friday night to kick off our series on Cross Canadian Ragweed. As I went to post it, somehow the system kicked me back out to the login screen. I hit the back button to take me to the column and an error message pops up. I curse. I go back to the login page, sign back in. I go to the history section on the site where you can access drafts and past columns. I see the column is listed. I think, "Sweet ..." so I click on it ... only to find the title "Ragweed Thursday on a Friday" has been saved. The rest is a blank space. The entire column was wiped out, lost in cyberspace somewhere. Needless to say, it was not a good time. So, now I'm back and I'm ready to write, so here's what's going on here for the next couple of columns.

Tomorrow night, I'll be doing the long-promised track-by-track review of the latest release on Bloodshot Records from Justin Townes Earle, Harlem River Blues. Trust me folks, this is a great album that deserves your time. As mentioned last week, JTE is taking some time off the road to take care of that monkey that's on his back. He's a phenomenal talent that deserves a second chance, and we continue to wish him well in his recovery. It's only the beginning, so let's keep Mr. Earle in our prayers, it's not an easy road that he's on right now.

Thursday night, we're going to kick off our series on Cross Canadian Ragweed. Granted, it's a week after the original launch date, but we won't get in to that anymore. Computers can be a real pain in the tail, but they do keep us all in touch with one another. Hell, if it weren't for computers, we wouldn't be sitting here writing, thinking and/or talking about great music! It's the continued goal of this site and column to talk about those artists who don't receive the mainstream recognition that they so richly deserve, so thanks as always for checking this blog out. I hope you find it informative and interesting. But most of all, I hope some of you are visiting the artist web sites, purchasing their albums and, if possible, attending their shows. There is a lot of talent in Americana. You certainly don't need to drop a couple hundred dollars on a stadium show to be entertained. For a fraction of the price, the artists in Americana will entertain you in spades. Be sure to check some of these folks out as they pass through your area. To my friends in Europe, these artists are over visiting your countries all the time, so no one is left out!

So please come back for a visit tomorrow for our look at JTE's new album, and we'll set up the too-long delayed kick-off to Ragweed Thursday's! We're less than 4 weeks to the final show, so we gotta get on this thing!

Thank you and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment